Texas Mountain Bike Associations & Clubs
Joining a local (or not so local) organization dedicated to mountain biking and its inherent interests could perhaps be one of the most positive things you can do if you are serious about riding. Serious doesn't mean that you are a diehard mountain bike fiend. It doesn't mean that you consider yourself a mountain bike god. Nor does it mean that only those who race are "serious". As long as you have a genuine interest in riding it doesn't matter what skill level you are, joining a mountain bike association just makes mountain biking that much more enjoyable and satisfying.
Not all organizations that benefit mountain biking are specific to mountain bikers. Click here to check out the Non-Mountain Bike specific organizations page or click here for a few organizations that although they may not be specific to mountain biking, may be of interest and relevance.
Note: associations/clubs may have members, activities, and interests outside of the region they are listed under
The map below is divided into the seven regions
that make up the state of Texas.
To view a region's list of associations and clubs click on that region of the map. We use these regions throughout the Texas pages to make it easier to locate information for your region, or the region you are interested in. Click here to check out associations that are Texas-wide.
Click here to access larger views of each region (incl. major cities and highways) courtesy of TPWD.
Map courtesy of Texas Parks and Wildlife Department © 2008
Here are a few good reasons to join your local biking association or club:
- Find a partner for that big mountain bike road trip you've been planning;
- Get a personal review of that new component you've been thinking about buying from someone who already has;
- Check out the latest fashions in cycling apparel;
- Learn proven techniques for repelling dogs;
- Get help on figuring out how to use your new $400 GPS;
- Find out about new mountain biking trails in your area;
- Find out about the latest trail closures;
- Get news on pending legislation related to biking and what you can do about it;
- Work to help maintain the trails and keep them mountain bike friendly;
- Most importantly, however, you will make new friends that share your enthusiasm.
note: some of the above are intended to not be serious
If your favorite association, club, or organization is not listed among these pages we apologize. Actually, we don't really apologize - it wasn't our fault. If we knew it existed then we would have added it. With that in mind, help us help everyone else by requesting that we add them using the New Association form.