Forum Policies & Guidelines
The following is designed to clarify various responsibilities of forum members here at MountainBikeTx.com. Please read and become familiar with it. Its terms are retroactive and agreed to by all individual and group members.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions (where applicable)before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members should remember that this forum is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline ([img][/img]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing." That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or colored text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "Check this out!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "What are the best trails in the Houston area?", "Roadtrip to Moab 14-21 August", etc
- Members are welcome to use the test forum for general "test purposes." These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc. (subject to previous points on decency, etc.). Users posting in the test forum just to increase their post counts will be warned.
- Spam (not the meat) is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
- Moderators and/or administrators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to moderators/administrators and not users.
- The above forum rules, where applicable, also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging ability.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6kB (6000 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text.
- Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, emoticons, and so forth.
- Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. You may not link to porn or political, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned.
- Users are permitted to utilize a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 90 pixels square, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 6kB (6000 Bytes) in file size and have a consistently high availability (e.g., links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, and so forth.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
- MountainBikeTx.com operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offenses in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning, a temporary ban will be put in place for a period of 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with moderators/administrators after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes, a temporary ban will be put in place as stated above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned by a moderator are welcome to contact the administrator. If we feel you were treated unfairly we will remove the warning.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention also includes posting as an anonymous user.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact moderators/administrators personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and consideration is given before implementing them. While MountainBikeTx.com may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
If you have any further questions, please contact us.